(604) 597 2284
10am - 5pm

Inland Sponsorship


Need a help

Contact us by phone or submit your inquire online. We will response as soon as possible.

Use Our Tools

Request Callback

Would you like to speak to one of our consultant over phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.


    Subscribe our newsletter to get our latest update on Canadian immigration

    Inland Sponsorship


    The Inland Spousal/Common-Law Partner Sponsorship program allows a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to sponsor his or her spouse/common-law partner for permanent resident status if the couple is already living together in Canada.

    The Spousal Sponsorship program is a subsection of the Family Class immigration category, under which a Canadian or permanent resident may sponsor his or her spouse/common-law partner for Canadian permanent residence. Both the Canadian citizen or permanent resident (also called the ‘sponsor’) and the foreign national (the ‘sponsored person’) must be approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly CIC) in order for the sponsored person to receive a visa.

    There are two parts to the spousal sponsorship application:

    • The Canadian or permanent resident applies to sponsor his or her spouse or common-law partner; and
    • The spouse or common-law partner applies for permanent residence.

    Under the Inland sponsorship category, the foreign spouse/common-law partner must have valid temporary status in Canada, either as a worker, student, or visitor. If the sponsored person already has a work or study permit, he or she may continue to work or study as long as the permit is valid, however, it is important to note that working and studying in Canada without valid status is illegal and may result in serious consequences for the sponsored person.

    In contrast to Outland applications (where the spouse is residing outside Canada), the person being sponsored through the Inland route may be eligible for an Open Work Permit while his or her application is being processed. This program can help to mitigate the consequences of a long application process by enabling the sponsored person to work for a Canadian employer, without first having a confirmed offer of employment. Applicants who would like to obtain an open work permit should apply for one at the same time that they apply for permanent residence. However, IRCC states that if a sponsored spouse or common-law partner has not submitted an application for an open work permit at the same time as their permanent residence application, he or she may still submit an application for an open work permit at a later stage.

    If IRCC requires an interview, the sponsored person will be notified, in writing, of the date, time, and location of the interview, and of the documents, he or she must bring.

    In the event that a sponsored person’s application is refused, he or she is required to leave Canada immediately at the end of his or her period of temporary stay. Additionally, if the sponsored person leaves Canada at any point while the application is being processed, there is no guarantee that he or she will be allowed to re-enter Canada, especially if he or she requires a visitor visa. IRCC aims to process applications submitted through this program within 12 months.

    Regardless of the sponsorship path chosen, both the sponsor and the sponsored person must meet a number of specific requirements in order to be considered eligible.

    Let's take first step. By Free evaluation

    Let Neera evaluate your options

    1 +
    Active clients
    We love what we do and we do it with passion.
    1 +
    Best customer services and with quality design like this?
    We have four branches in Canada main cities.
    Get in touce

    We are Connected all time to help in your immigration need

    We understand the importance of approaching us. We believe in the power of simple and easy communication.

    0 +

    Request an appointment/send message

      Surrey BC(Head Office)
      204 – 12788 76A Ave Surrey, BC V3W 1S9
      +1 604 597 2284
      Burnaby BC
      By Appointment only
      210-7270 Burnaby
      +1 604 597 2284
      Unit 2- 32056 South Fraser Way Abbotsford, BC V2T 1V7
      +1 604 597 2284
      unit 102, 347 Leon Ave. Kelowna,BC V1Y 8C7
      +1 604 597 2284
      Client’s testimonials

      We are Very Happy to Get Our Client’s Reviews.

      Clients Reviews: