knowledge base

Canada Immigration FAQs

To apply for a Canadian student visa, you need to first secure admission to a Canadian educational institution. Once accepted, you can apply for a study permit through the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.
The FSWP requires applicants to meet specific criteria related to work experience, language proficiency, education, and adaptability. Points are assigned based on these factors, and candidates must score a minimum number of points to qualify.
Yes, students with a valid study permit are usually allowed to work part-time (up to 20 hours per week) during the academic session and full-time during scheduled breaks.
An Open Work Permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada and does not require a job offer. It is not job-specific, giving you the flexibility to work in various positions and change employers without the need for additional permits.
To extend your study permit, you need to apply for an extension before your current permit expires. Ensure you maintain your enrollment in a designated learning institution and meet all other eligibility criteria for the extension.
LMIA stands for Labor Market Impact Assessment. It is a document that employers in Canada may need to obtain before hiring a foreign worker. An approved LMIA is often a prerequisite for obtaining a work permit, indicating that hiring a foreign worker will not negatively impact the Canadian labor market.
Yes, the Express Entry system is a pathway to permanent residency for skilled workers, including those under the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Candidates with a competitive Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score are invited to apply for permanent residency.
The processing time for a Canadian student visa can vary, but it typically takes several weeks. It’s advisable to apply well in advance of the intended start date to account for any delays in processing.
Yes, many immigration pathways allow applicants to include their spouse or common-law partner, as well as dependent children, in their application. Each family member must meet the relevant eligibility criteria.
es, you can apply for an Open Work Permit, which allows you to work for any employer in Canada without the need for a specific job offer. The eligibility criteria for Open Work Permits vary based on the specific category.

Canadian Immigration FAQs