These are the main type of business immigration streams to come to Canada in 2023:
01. Start-up Visa Program (SUV)
Canada’s start-up visa program allows entrepreneurs to immigrate to Canada in order to establish a new business. Immigrant entrepreneurs must demonstrate that their business is original, will create new jobs for Canadians, and can compete on a global scale.
This program attracts foreign innovative entrepreneurs willing to establish new, high-growth businesses in Canada and support innovation and job creation. Canada is open for business to the world’s start-up entrepreneurs.
To secure permanent residence through the Startup Visa Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a qualifying business, with each applicant holding at least 10% of the voting rights in the company and applicants and the designated entity jointly holding more than 50% of the total voting rights.
- Obtain a letter of support from a designated organization, which includes venture capital funds, angel investor groups, or business incubators.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English or French, with a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5.
- Show proof of sufficient funds to support yourself and your dependents upon arrival in Canada.
Once your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation of permanent residence and can travel to Canada to start your entrepreneurial journey.
02. Quebec Entrepreneur Program
03. Provincial Self-Employed Persons Program
If you are a professional athlete, farmer, or artisan who is interested in moving to Canada, you can apply for a business immigrant visa through the Self-Employed Programs. This option is ideal for individuals who want to do business in Canada but do not want to make a financial investment to establish themselves in the country. With this visa, you can bring your family members along with you to Canada.
- Federal Self Employed Program
- Quebec Self Employed Program
- Provincial Nominee Programs